Saturday, January 19, 2013

Why join the conversation?


I am a paramedic who has decided to join the conversation on EMS 2.0. I have seen certain Large EMS agencies go into areas and out politic better services harming patients. I have seen people argue that they are right by justifying that it is the protocol when it is obviously is harming the patient. I know medics that absolutely refuse to perform 12 lead and 15 lead EKG's because it “takes too long”



I recently discovered www.roguemedic.com and www.ambulancedriverfiles.com, and discovered that there is a major discussion n these and other things going on in the blogosphere. I decided that I wanted to join in. Maybe you will find my point of view fascinating. It might seem self indulgent. You might even consider it completely wrong.



But this is a valuable conversation that I see going on and I have decided to join it. Hopefully I can add to it. So here are my bonafides. I am a NREMT-P. I started in EMS in 1998 and became a Illinois Liscensed Paramedic in 2002. I added my NREMT-P in 2005. In 2007 I went to work for a company called Acadian Integrated Solutions for 4 years. When there was a lack of work I returned to working on the ambulance in Illinois, and found that I had rediscovered my love of EMS while wanting to build more. I am now a Supervisor and a proponent of improving EMS in many ways. I will start in my next post on this.



Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment